Change the sentences from active to passive.
- Ms. Hopkins invited me to dinner.
I was invited to dinner by Ms. Hopkins
- Thomas Edison invented the phonograph.
The phonograph was inventored by Thomas Edison
- Water surrounds an island.
An island is surrounded by water.
- A maid will clean our hotel room.
Our hotel room will be cleaned by a maid.
- A plumber is going to fix the leaky faucet.
The leaky foucet is going to be fixed by a plumber.
- A doctor has examined the sick child.
The sick child has been examined by a doctor.
- The police arrested James Swan.
James swan was arrested by police.
- A large number of people speak Spanish.
Spanish is spoken by a large number of people
- The secretary is going to answer the letter.
The letter is going to be answered by secretary.
- The teacher’s explanation confused Carlos.
Carlos is confused by teacher’s explanation.
- My mistake embarrassed me.
I was embarrassed by my miastake.
- Helicopters fascinate children.
The children is fascinated by helicopters.
- Shakespeare wrote Hamlet.*
The hamlet was written by shakespeare.
- This news will amaze you.
I wiil be amazed by that news.